Paper on Human Trafficking in Scientology
Scientology engages in human trafficking. This paper was developed to educate Congress and other officials about how Scientology – please share it!
Paper – Human Trafficking in Scientology
Human Trafficking includes the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage or slavery. Common indicators:
- Does the person appear disconnected from family, friends, community organizations?
- Does the person show signs of having been denied food, water, sleep, or medical care?
- Is the person often in the company of someone to whom he or she defers? Or someone who seems to be in control of the situation, e.g., where they go or who they talk to?
- Does the person appear to be coached on what to say?
- Is the person living in unsuitable conditions?
- Does the person lack personal possessions ?
- Does the person have freedom of movement? Can the person freely leave where they live? Are there unreasonable security measures?