NEW PAPER – Scientology and Human Trafficking
One of Scientology’s many human rights abuses is that it engages in human trafficking. Although it appears that they get away with it due to their tax exempt “religious” status, it is still important to document and report this abuse.
This paper was developed to educate Congress and other officials about how Scientology is guilty of human trafficking – please share it! Paper – Human Trafficking in Scientology
Human Trafficking includes the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage or slavery. Common indicators:
- Does the person appear disconnected from family, friends, community organizations?
- Does the person show signs of having been denied food, water, sleep, or medical care?
- Is the person often in the company of someone to whom he or she defers? Or someone who seems to be in control of the situation, e.g., where they go or who they talk to?
- Does the person appear to be coached on what to say?
- Is the person living in unsuitable conditions?
- Does the person lack personal possessions ?
- Does the person have freedom of movement? Can the person freely leave where they live? Are there unreasonable security measures?
- Posted in: Human Trafficking